Laser Measurement Instruments
ISO 17025 Accreditation
The Coherent Wilsonville, Oregon; Dieburg, Germany; and Tokyo, Japan calibration laboratories are fully accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and recognized internationally by ILAC, APLAC, and IAAC.
Certification to ISO 17025 is a formal recognition that a calibration laboratory is using valid and appropriate methods and is competent to carry out specified tests or calibrations.
Scope of Accreditation
The scope of accreditation applies to the laser/electrical calibration of nearly all the company’s catalog pyroelectric laser energy sensors, thermopile laser power sensors and meter electronics. within the ANAB website.
ISO 17025 governs a laboratory’s quality management system, such as auditing and corrective action processes, and requires adherence to rigorous technical requirements.
In terms of technical requirements, ISO/IEC 17025 ensures that a company:
- maintains testing facilities and equipment to specified standards
- ensures protocols are fully documented
- trains workers to an appropriate level of competence
- confirms validity and appropriateness of methods, especially so-called “non-standard” methods such as those used to calibrate laser measurement equipment, which have been developed internally
- uses accepted mathematical methods for calculating results
- verifies that purchased test equipment meets proper requirements and that all equipment used to produce accredited calibrations has itself received ISO 17025 accredited calibrations
- has a traceable path of calibration to independently maintained national or international standards
- provides both as received and outgoing testing data to customers in an approved format
- ensures the calibration certificate meets the requirements of the standard