"; _cf_contextpath=""; _cf_ajaxscriptsrc="/CFIDE/scripts/ajax"; _cf_jsonprefix='//'; _cf_websocket_port=8575; _cf_flash_policy_port=1243; _cf_clientid='29796C51767B4E37CDF601609B45B414';/* ]]> */
A major benefit of buying LabMax is its ability to be easily upgraded by owners. As new firmware is released all LabMax power and energy meters can be updated to incorporate the latest features and bug fixes.
We have designed the updater to automatically recognize the hardware version in the meter so you do not have to keep track of it. The firmware updater will automatically install all features supported by the hardware level in your meter.
Firmware Upgrade Installation Instructions
1. Download the LabMax_V3.5.zip file at the bottom of this web page to your computer.
2. Double click the LabMax-V3.5.zip file to open the unzip utility on your computer. Read the ReadMe.txt file and then extract the file 'LM-Updt-v3.5.tar.gz' to the root directory of a USB flash drive. (Note: Do not extract the files within the actual LM-Updt-v3.5.tar.gz file itself.)
3. Plug LabMax into an AC power source and then turn the meter ON.
***Do not use battery power when installing a firmware update. A power loss during the installation process will damage the meter, which must then be returned to Coherent for repair.***
4. Connect the flash drive to the USB flash drive connector on the side panel of LabMax.
5. When the menu appears on the LCD, turn the Selection knob to highlight the firmware name and then press the Enter/Set button (Selection knob) to begin the installation.
6. When prompted on the installation menu, remove the flash drive and press the Exit soft key to reboot LabMax.
7. Delete the 'LM-Updt-v3.5.tar.gz' file from the USB flash drive.
This version of firmware began shipping in March 2009. It moves LabMax software to a new 3.x branch and includes significant operating system code optimization that enhances USB flash drive compatibility and performance. In addition, the long pulse joules measurement mode (with thermopiles) is significantly enhanced.
Note: All meters in the field can be upgraded to V3.5 firmware, however, after upgrading to V3.5 rolling back to a previous version of firmware is no longer possible.
The following feature enhancements are included in V3.5:
The following bug fixes are included in V3.5:
This version of firmware began shipping in October 2008. This version is an incremental release on the V2.x firmware branch. It includes significant code optimization that enhances meter responsiveness and fixes some minor bugs.
The following feature additions are included in V2.20
The following bug fixes are included in V2.20
This version of firmware began shipping with new products in April 2008. This version contained significant improvements over the original V1.x release and began the V2.x firmware branch.
The following feature additions are included in V2.9:
The following bug fixes are included in V2.9: